Anger Management Classes
Recognizing and Addressing Anger Constructively
Anger is a natural human emotion, but when it goes unchecked, it can lead to strained relationships, regrettable actions, and a cycle of negativity. At GHCS, our Anger Management Classes are dedicated to helping individuals recognize, address, and manage anger in positive and constructive ways.
Upcoming Anger Management Course at GHCS - Katy Office
147 Bella Katy Dr., Katy, Tx 77494
GHCS's First Anger Management Course is starting on January 13th 2024, at our Katy office. This in-person, group therapy/classroom setting is designed to provide effective strategies and insights for managing anger. The course spans six weeks, with one-hour sessions every week from 12 PM to 1 PM.
Start Date: January 13th 2024
Time: 12 PM - 1 PM
Duration: Six Weeks (1 hour per week)
Location: GHCS Katy Office
Who Should Consider Anger Management Classes?
- Anyone ordered by a court for mandatory anger management.
- Individuals facing frequent episodes of uncontrollable anger.
- Those noticing negative consequences in personal or professional relationships due to anger.
- Anyone aiming to develop better communication skills to achieve balanced living and personal growth.
What Our Classes Offer:
We believe in treating anger as a normal emotion, aiming to express it healthily and constructively. Our classes:
- Provide tools for positive thinking and behavior modifications.
- Employ anger evaluation tools to pinpoint specific challenges.
- Offer techniques to eliminate negative behaviors linked to anger.
- Promote non-harmful expressions of anger, ensuring a balanced emotional state.
These classes can be paired with individual or family therapy for a holistic approach.
Outcomes of Our Classes:
- Acquire effective anger management skills.
- Prevent violent tendencies and threats.
- Gain control over thoughts and actions.
- Benefit from a supportive community.
On completion, participants will receive a certificate, symbolizing their commitment to constructive anger management.
Signs You Might Benefit from Anger Management:
- Persistent feelings of anger or irritability.
- Getting upset over seemingly minor triggers.
- A recurring need to apologize for outbursts or actions done in anger.
- Physical or emotional harm caused to others during angry episodes.
- Challenges in keeping anger in check.
If any of the above resonate with you, our Anger Management techniques might be of benefit.
Insurance Coverage and Anger Management Classes:
Some insurance plans might cover Anger Management Classes under mental health conditions. We recommend reviewing your insurance plan and contacting your provider to confirm coverage.
Empower Yourself. Address Anger Constructively. Book Appointment Today!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do."
-Robert H. Schuller
Helpful Links For Anger Management
- Medical News Today - Offers a great resource on anger management and includes symptoms, strategies, treatments and causes.
- American Psychological Association - Great articles on how to control your anger before it controls you.
- Scholastic.com - Great article to help your child understand and master anger.